Asthma is the most common respiratory disease in the world. Many children and adults are suffering from it. It mainly affects breathing passage of the lungs. In this condition, airway becomes narrow and swell to produce extra mucus. It is easily curable and controllable disease by regular medication. It affects daily activities. If it is not treated properly then it can cause life threatening diseases in future.
Our clinic is well equipped with all types advanced medical technology to treat any respiratory diseases.
Common symptoms include:
- Shortness of breathe
- Chest pain or tightness
- Coughing and wheezing
- Airborne substances such as dust particles, pollen, pet dander, mold spores and cockroach waste.
- Respiratory infection like cold.
- Air pollution
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Strong emotions and stress.
- Having a blood relative (such as a parent or sibling) with this condition.
- Having another allergic condition such as atopic dermatitis or allergic rhinitis (hay fever)
- Overweight or obesity
- Exposure to secondhand smoke
- Exposure to exhaust fumes or other types of pollution
- Exposure to occupational triggers such as chemicals used in farming, hairdressing and manufacturing.
Our pulmonary care clinic has world class facilities to diagnose Asthma. Various diagnostic options are available such as:
- Physical test: Pulmonologist suggests some physical exam and asks questions about symptoms to detect respiratory infection and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Spirometry: This is a lung function test. It estimates the narrowing of your bronchial tubes by checking how much air exhale after a deep breath and how fast breathes out.
- Peak flow: A peak flow meter is a simple device which measures how hard person can breathe out. Lower than usual peak flow readings are a sign of lungs are not working well hence it is becoming severe. Pulmonologist gives instructions on how to track and deal with low peak flow readings.
- Imaging test: It includes X-rays and CT scan. This test easily detects any structural abnormalities or diseases which can cause breathing problems.
- Allergy testing: This is performed by a skin test or blood test. Allergy tests can identify allergy to pets, dust, mold and pollen. Allergy testing helps to select best allergen immunotherapy.
Prevention and long term control is important to stop asthma attack. Various treatment options are selected by doctor as per type and severity of it.
Long term control medications:
- Inhaled corticosteroids: These anti-inflammatory drugs include fluticasone, budesonide, flunisolide, ciclesonide, beclomethasone, mometasone and fluticasone furoate. Medicines can last for several days to weeks.
- Leukotriene modifiers: These oral medications include Montelukast, zafirlukast and zileuton which help to relieve the symptoms for up to 24 hours.
- Long-acting beta agonists: These inhaled medications which include salmeterol and formoterol to open the blocked airways.
- Short-acting beta agonists.These inhaled quick-relief bronchodilators acts rapidly to reduce symptoms during asthma attack. They include albuterol and levalbuterol. These are taken with the help of hand held inhaler.
- Ipratropium (Atrovent): Ipratropium acts quickly to relax airways and makes it easier to breathe. Ipratropium is mostly used for emphysema and chronic bronchitis but it is also used to treat asthma attacks.
- Oral and intravenous corticosteroids: These medications include prednisone and methylprednisolone to relieve airway inflammation caused by severe asthma. They can cause serious side effects after using for long term. Hence these medications are suitable for only short term treatment to control it.
It is easily curable and controllable by proper medications. The treatment should be flexible as per changes in symptoms. It should be assessed thoroughly each time after consulting pulmonologist. Generally doctor adjusts treatment plans to get faster relief.
Our Asthma clinic provides world class asthma control treatment to wide range of patients from newborn baby to elderly persons. We treat it with the help of modern and most successful therapies which include inhalation, biological, immunotherapy and thermoplasty.
Asthma clinic in thane | Asthma hospital in thane | Asthma control | Breath free clinics | Supplements for asthma | Best asthma treatment centers in thane | Chronic asthma treatment | Modern asthma therapy | Thermoplasty | inhalation | Immunotherapy | Types of asthma | Asthma detection | Asthma in newborn | Asthma in pregnant mother | Asthma in child | Asthma in infant | Asthma medicines for baby | Asthma if family members | asthma test | modern asthma therapy |
In thane | thane | Bhiwandi | Kalwa | Mulund